[vdr] Re: Corruption of channels.conf

Tony Houghton wrote:
In <42093F29.6040602@cadsoft.de>, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

Tony Houghton wrote:

I think it also creates some duplicate channels. And sometimes the
frequency is in Hz, sometimes in KHz, which another person suggested
might be why it's creating duplicates. Should I try using Hz throughout?
I'll probably have to patch scan for that.
What "scan" are you referring to?

The tool that comes with linuxtv-dvb-apps. I use it because it
automatically inserts Freeview (UK DVB-T service) channel numbers which
are easier to use than the ones it uses otherwise. And I can filter out
scrambled channels and any others I'm not interested in.

If you actually have set channel updating to 0 in VDR, then no (duplicate)
channels can be created.

I'm sure it's stayed at 0 since I first set it, but that hasn't stopped
it changing channels.conf, today almost as soon as I started it up one
time. Perhaps there's something about the output of the scan tool it
doesn't like. Maybe I should start it with a blank channels.conf (will
that work?), force a scan, then add Freeview numbers and sort and prune
manually.
You'll need at least one channel entry so that VDR can switch to that
transponder and gather all the other channels on that transponder. If
the transponder also carries tuning data for other transponders, VDR
will switch to these automatically when it does an EPG scan and gather
further channels there.

If you set the "update channels" parameter to 0 VDR will not change any
of the channel parameters, but it may still write the channels.conf file
because something like the CA descriptors has changed. Since this is nothing
that would be reflected in the actual channels.conf file maybe this should
be prevented from happening (although I didn't think this would be a problem,
since for an actually working setup it is mandatory to have at least the
automatic PID update active).

So the only thing I can think of that might be causing your problems is
that VDR writes out the (same) data in channels.conf that it read in, leaving
out some defaults like I999. Why this would actually be a problem - I do not know.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index