[linux-dvb] Cinergy T2 lockup, needs power cycling

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 14:18:24 CEST 2005

> something else you might try: in order to re-synchronize the
> communication you may insert a dummy read/write/read command and ignore
> the error code if an error occurs. The first read will fail in normal
> case (no previous write issued, the device is awaiting a new command)
> and succeed in the unusual case when the device communication is
> out-of-sync...
>
> please report your experiences and let us know whether this makes the
> code more robust,
>
> Holger

Ahhh, now we're heading outside of my current abilities, sorry but i'm
an embedded systems Ada programmer by trade. I've never used C in
anger and I don't know my why around the kernel / drivers, i'm much
more at home when there isn't an OS ;-) If you could give me a bit
more of a hint I should be able to figure it out.

I'll definitely report back my findings, it's in everyones interest to
increase robustness.

Steve