[linux-dvb] Support for Technotrend DVB-C CI budget card (13c2:1010)

Andrew de Quincey adq_dvb at lidskialf.net
Fri Aug 5 15:57:42 CEST 2005

On Friday 05 Aug 2005 13:48, Simo Kivimäki wrote:
> Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> >>
> >>Ok, any ideas how to get it work? I have only QAM128 signals here.
> >
> > Hmm, basically someone with access to a QAM256 signal has to fiddle with
> > the code until it works :(
>
> Hi,
>
> Now I get the card tuned with QAM128 but it's quite slow. I increased
> timeouts much (+5 s and +10 s for main lock). Latest CVS version is in use.
>
> And I changed:
> stv0297_writereg_mask(state, 0x88, 0x08, 0x08);
> to stv0297_writereg_mask(state, 0x88, 0x08, 0x00);
>
> as proposed in:
> http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2005-June/002691.html
>
> Usually it gets nicely pass "equaliser full convergence" timeout but
> main lock is more difficult to accomplish.
>
> Could you give any hints for further debug? Any register values that I
> could try to change?

I don't have access to any QAM128 signals

> Is there any specifications somewhere that would help? How about
> investigating what register values Windows driver uses. Is it for
> example possible to read them from the i2c bus?

OK, what is the reliability like for >QAM64 under windows?

There is a way to sniff the i2c bus yes:
http://warmcat.com/milksop/cheapi2c.html

This is a very simple parallel port based i2c sniffer - the guy who gave me
ssh access to his box in order to develop the new budget CI card used it on
his windows PC, and the trace was invaluable.