[linux-dvb] Re: Fusion HDTV 5

Michael Krufky mkrufky at m1k.net
Sat Aug 13 12:52:26 CEST 2005

Mac Michaels wrote:

>On Thursday 11 August 2005 07:21 pm, you wrote:
>

>>For QAM, I tried running atscscan with all of the
>>us-Cable-*-QAM256 initial tuning files in
>>dvb-apps/util/scan/atsc, but everything always results in
>>the tuning failures like below.
>>

>Usually this requires digital cable feed from the cable
>company for this to work.
>

>>david at opus$ ./atscscan
>>atsc/us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256 scanning
>>atsc/us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256 using
>>'/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and
>>'/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'

>>WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!

>>WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!

>>WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!

>>Am I scanning wrong, and what do I need to do to scan for
>>QAM64?

David-

I *highly* recommend subscribing to the linux-dvb mailing list (cc'd).
You probably would have seen some faster replies to some of your
questions on that list.

Yes, you are scanning wrong...  The following command line should be
more like it:

david at opus$ ./atscscan -A2 atsc/cable-channels-QAM64

where "atsc/cable-channels-QAM64" is replaced by the location of a new frequency table contain QAM64 entries (instead of QAM256 entries.  For starters, try making a new copy of the QAM256 freq table, and edit it, replacing all occurrances of QAM256 with QAM64.

The -A2 command tells atscscan that it is dealing with cable rather than
OTA.

It would be nice to hear good test results from you using this card w/
QAM64 ... So far, QAM64 is the only untested modulation.  (I had GREAT
results w/ QAM256, and Mac has done his tests using 8VSB) ...

--
Michael Krufky