[linux-dvb] About HDTV cards!!!

CityK CityK at rogers.com
Thu Aug 25 23:38:12 CEST 2005

Bruno Jefferson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone knows any card with a hardware HDTV decoder that is compatible
> with the linuxtv drivers or that has linux support?
>
> Bruno Jefferson

A couple of years ago, Mike B. was working on a driver for cards
utilizing the Janus hardware decoder (you can find the project at
http://myhd.sourceforge.net/index.php), but  he's been away on a
sabbatical and won't be back until late fall of this year, and no one
else has picked up development during his absence.  Mike did get a
chance to post over on AVS back ~April, at which time he expressed that,
having learned of the existence of a driver for the Nxt2000x
demodulator, gaining support for the MyHD cards was greatly aided
...however, he also wondered aloud whether restarting development was
even worthwhile (he asked if there was even any interest).  Hopefully he
will continue, but I can understand if he doesn't.

-- Cheers, CK