[linux-dvb] Minor problems with skystar/b2c2-flexcop Kernel 2.6.14
info at j-pfennig.de
Sat Dec 3 21:16:44 CET 2005
Hi, whoever reads this...
I just did some tests with the debian kernel and the 2.2rc13 suspend2:
(1) The skystar2 driver is now renamed to "b2c2-flexcop-pci" ?
(2) Driver unload does no longer crash the system, the frontends
get automatically unloaded. udev works fine (if you like it), the
device nodes are automatically created and removed.
(3) After suspend2/resume while playing a radio channel the driver says:
kernel: b2c2-flexcop: i2c master_xfer failed
The radio did not continue to play. Very disapointing
A MORE SERIOUS BUG:
(4) The driver (?) does not clean buffers correctly. You will probably not
notice this for TV channels, but it hurts for radio (lower data rate).
After tuning to another channel fragments of old data get delivered
and cause odd sounds. My software (zapdvb) closes all filehandles
before tuning to another channel (in fact a new process is started).
(5) Did tuning get slower or is my impression a result of (4) ?
Anyhow, the drivers in 2.6.14 seem to be a progress (as we can now start to
play with suspend2 without crahing the system).
The Bug (4) does not apply for the budget driver (KNC1). Unfortunately I
cannot test suspend2 with it (card installed in a server).
More information about the linux-dvb