[linux-dvb] How do I use FE_DISEQC_SEND_MASTER_CMD and FE_SET_FRONTEND correctly?

Oliver Endriss o.endriss at gmx.de
Sat Dec 10 23:24:35 CET 2005

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 10, 2005, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> > > Yes, I read something like that in the VDR ML. But if VDR repeats the
> > > sequence on it's own, it is more tolerant to connecting the antenna
> > > cable at run time (at least in the case of DVB-S with a DiSEqC
> >         ^^^^^^^^^^^
> > You should not do that. It might kill the LNBP chip on your card.
> This is the first time I ever hear that. Where do you have
> this information from?
> (If it were true then manufacturers would have to do a lot of
> warranty repairs because of it, thus my doubts.)

Well, the LNBP1x series has overcurrent protection, but no overvoltage
protection... :-(

There are many threads at vdr-portal about broken cards with this
defect. You can sometimes buy these cards at eb** for a low price.
That's where I got most of my hardware from. :-)

Note that this issue has been fixed in the LNBP21. It has overvoltage
protection. So recent card designs should be more robust.

VDR Remote Plugin available at