[linux-dvb] Compro DVB T200A Problems

Chris Stewart chris80 at internode.on.net
Tue Dec 13 07:27:57 CET 2005

Hello All,

Firstly I'm fairly new to Linux but am not a total newbie anymore. I
have a Compro Videomate T200A and it seems to be very problematic and
although I've read reports of people getting it working in Linux I
cannot get the card to lock and tune any stations. Now the card I have
is an A variant of the T200 and it uses the TDA9889 tuner chip (I've
taken the card out and visually inspected it). I'm running Ubuntu Linux
and can compile the driver and load it using modprobe. It autodetects as
a Compro Videomate T200 but when tuning the I get a constant 100% SNR
Ratio and 0% signal strength.I've read elsewhere that this card is in
fact closer to a T300 and I should try loading the driver with that
option along with a small change to saa7134-dvb.c in the CVS
(http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Compro_VideoMate_T200a). I do
this and the card detects and Kaffeine then shows a variable SNR ratio
from 30 - 80% and a signal strength of about 50% but I still cannot tune
or lock a station using Kaffeine or tzap (The card works fine under
windows with perfect picture). I've had this card for months now and
have been fiddling with it on and off because I eventually get too
frustrated trying to get it going in Linux. Any help would be great.

Cheers

Chris Stewart