[linux-dvb] initial scan file au-Perth

Johannes Stezenbach js at linuxtv.org
Tue Dec 20 00:28:03 CET 2005

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005, Mark Callaghan wrote:
> There is a strange carrier offset thing that I don't really understand, but
> I had to use a slightly different frequency for SBS in Perth:
> # SBS
> T 536625000 7MHz 2/3 NONE QAM64 8k 1/8 NONE
>
> Perhaps some cards cope with the offset, some not?

Either that, or your are seeing different transmitters.

I don't fully understand this frequency offsets, but I think
it has something to do with avoiding interference with
analog transmitters.

Anyway, the file has more than one frequencies. Ideally dvbscan
should pick up the remaining ones by evaluating the NIT, even
if the one wrong frequency might slow it down a litte.

Johannes