[linux-dvb] Wide Screen Signalling (WSS)

Oliver Endriss o.endriss at gmx.de
Wed Dec 21 03:55:29 CET 2005

Hi,

I need an interface to pass WSS data from userspace to the av7110
driver[1]. In videodev2.h there are some definitions but the comment
does not sound very promising:

| /* Sliced VBI
|  *
|  *    This implements is a proposal V4L2 API to allow SLICED VBI
|  * required for some hardware encoders. It should change without
|  * notice in the definitive implementation.
|  */

And , according to the V4L2 API spec rev 0.8,
'This interface is not yet implemented in v4l2'.

I wonder whether I should invent an av7110-specific ioctl or use this
interface. Any comments?

CU
Oliver

[1] See http://vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?postid=385799#post385799 (German)