[linux-dvb] Pinnacle PCTV (Dazzle) 300i maybe i2c problems with newer code?

José Luis Bolos joseluisbolos at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 13:39:45 CET 2005

2005/12/20, Hartmut Hackmann <hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de>:
> Hi,
> Tim Small wrote:
> > José Luis Bolos wrote:
> >
> >> I was the one having problems with the 300i, and I manage to get it
> >> running with and 20050627, but I'm having the same problems
> >> as you, there's extreme blockyness and artifacts in audio and video. I
> >> was starting to think than that may be reception problems, but  maybe
> >> it isn't. The card is running ok in analog mode. I have tried to get
> >> the card running in windows with pinnacle's software (which is utterly
> >> cr**, btw) but it refuses to store the detected digital channels.
> >>
> >> Are they (the artifacts) a known bug? is there a way to get the card
> >> running correctly? Any help is appreciated.
> >>

> > If I tune the card under 2.6.12/20050627, and then reboot into
> > + current CVS, the output looks fine, and works for about 10 seconds, so
> > it looks like the artefacts are fixed in the current CVS code.  It then
> > stutters, and stops.  I get this sort of thing in the kernel message log
> > (saa7134  i2c_debug=2):
> >
> Hm, there was a bug in the TS DMA code of the SAA7134. I found and fixed it
> after the driver update in 2.6.13. This can explain the artefacts. The bug
> was not visible on all PCs.

I've applied successfully
v4l_653_ts_dma_buffer_synchronization_was_inverted.patch (which I
suppose is the patch you was reffering to) to, but I
don't know if it has been of any help. Right now reception with
channels < 850Mhz is flawless, but 850 and higher and unviewable. I
noticed yesterday that the reception of the first channels was better,
so it may be an example of the 'sometimes it worked' you were refering