[linux-dvb] DVB-T frequency_list_descriptor

Jon Burgess jburgess at uklinux.net
Wed Dec 21 18:12:26 CET 2005

Simon Kilvington wrote:
> wrong. Luckily, the NIT also has a frequency_list_descriptor for each
> transport stream which lists the other frequencies this transport stream
> is broadcast on - one of these frequencies is the one Malvern uses - but
> how can I tell which one?

Try the scan tool from linuxtv-dvb-apps then it should tell you. It
tries to tune to each one in turn and then emits a list of all the
channels that you can tune to.

http://linuxtv.org/downloads/

IIRC there may be a bug in the last released linuxtv-dvb-apps package
which might cause scan to go get stuck retuning to the alternate
transmitters indefinately. I believe this is fixed in CVS, but i've
never had this problem myself.

	Jon