[linux-dvb] Twinhan(chip 878) performance

Manu Abraham manu at kromtek.com
Sat Jul 2 11:14:34 CEST 2005

Denys Fedoryshchenko wrote:
> I have read about Fusion / BT878 chip, and found that I2S bus can
> process only 40Mbps. This means transponders with stream rate higher
> than 40Mbps cannot be received? Or i am wrong?

It's not the I2S that is used but the GPIO on the Fusion that is used to
transfer data.

But in any case, 40Mbps is too high a value for a complete transponder.
I don't know of any transponders of that bandwidth. Moreover we are
talking MPEG2 bandwidth. not uncompressed bandwidth. So 40Mbps is quite
large in that aspect ..

An average transponder which has MPEG2 streams is about 27.5 Mbps AFAIK.
If i am not wrong .. I don't know about MPEG4.

HTH
Manu