[linux-dvb] Scart Pin 8 (TV turns on)

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Sat Jul 23 12:45:05 CEST 2005

On Fri, July 22, 2005 23:53, Graeme Hilton said:
> Hanno Mueller wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Scart cable connections have the nasty habit of turning on the TV and
>> switching to AV when a video source is swichted on. Very annoying,
>> especially when my Linux vdr turns itself on in the middle of the night
>> to record a tv show and the tv awakes from standby, too, blasting sound
>> in the living room.
>>

>> So far, I found out that Pin 8 is the reason for this. But I also read
>> that I should not just disconnect it, as Pin 8 is used for both the
>> "look at me" signal (12 volts) and the "this is widescreen" signal (6
>> volts).
>>
>> Is there any software or driver setting I can use to avoid this?

Wouldn't a simple switch stop this from doing its job. Place the switch
inline with the Scart cable to the TV so you can switch off the signal (by
grounding pin 8 on the TV side, when you go to bed and the TV will never
receive its wakeup call.

Perhaps have the switch link pin 8 to pin 17 to disable the signal and
back to pin 8 to restore it.

Its a very low tech, temporary solution to your problem.
--
John