[linux-dvb] Lost lock problems over extended periods of time

Oliver Endriss o.endriss at gmx.de
Tue Jun 7 21:31:05 CEST 2005

Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> Just a thought - could it be the DiSEQC? I'm just using simple tone/voltage
> control myself. Do all these cards use the same LNB chip on them? The DVB-S
> stv0299 ones I have here all seem to use an LNBP16A chip.

Cable ok? Loss of frontend power will reset the switch.

It _might_ be possible to produce bogus Mini-A or Mini-B commands
on the cable if the 22kHz tone gets interrupted for some reason
(noise on the cable).

Retuning would fail, since the DiSEqC commands will not be repeated.

VDR Remote Plugin available at