[linux-dvb] Re: Newbie question: how to get initial frequency file data+

Tiger Degraw pollyp100 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 11 00:02:48 CEST 2005

Patrick responded to my email:
>> [....]
>> KING-DT:677028615:8VSB:49:52:3
>> KING-SD:677028615:8VSB:65:68:4
>>
>> But when I then try to get a lock with tzap using
this
>> data, I get this error message:
>>
>> ../szap/tzap -c "newchannels.conf" "KCTS-HD"

>You need to run azap (for ATSC)

This worked like a charm, thanks! I'm now able to tune
and read the device as an mpeg2 stream. W00t!

One question, though - I'd like to use xine directly,
but it wants a channels.conf output in VDR format, and
atscscan doesn't support it at the present time. Can
anyone clue me in on a conversion script, or a
workaround for that?

Many grateful newb thanks!