[linux-dvb] syslog: av7110_fw_request: timeout waiting for HANDSHAKE_REG - What does this mean?

Sebastian sebastian_ml at gmx.net
Wed Jun 15 11:45:41 CEST 2005

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 02:30:14AM -0700, C.Y.M wrote:
> Sebastian wrote:
> > Hello Johannes!
> >
> > It works; no more entries in my logs regarding the timeout.
>
> Did you happen to notice that upon initial reboot, VDR takes about 4-5 more
> seconds to load than it did before the timeout patch?  After the computer has
> already been running for a few mins, then VDR starts up at it's normal rate.
> Its not a big deal, I just thought I would mention it.
>
> Best Regards,

Hi C.Y.M.!

Not quite. VDR starts instantly here. At least the OSD. It takes ~ one
second for the video to show up, but that's fine I guess ;) Maybe you
got to recompile VDR? I don't know. I got vdr-1.3.25 and a glibc
compiled against the headers of kernel 2.6.11 if that matters. The
kernel is a regular 2.6.11.12.

Cheers

Sebastian
--
"What the f*** are we doing out here in the middle of the desert?" - A foreigner, probably Samoan