[linux-dvb] DVB file formats

Andreas Oberritter obi at linuxtv.org
Fri Jun 17 04:50:15 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 00:10 +0100, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> The first thing that springs to my mind is something like the following:
>
> DVBS: ((frequency / (symbolrate/1000)) << 1) | polarisation
> DVBT: (frequency / bandwidth)
> DVBC: (frequency / symbolrate)

AFAIK there can not be more than one multiplex one frequency except if
the polarization differs. That makes me think that the divisions are
unnecessary. Instead I'd like to see the orbital position in there for
DVB-S somehow like that:

(orbital_position << 22) | (polarization << 20) | frequency_mhz

Regards,
Andreas