[linux-dvb] [patch] fix two minor issues in dvb_core

Peter Beutner p.beutner at gmx.net
Tue Jun 21 15:21:27 CEST 2005

Johannes Stezenbach schrieb:
 > - does the same bug exist for the section filters?
Hi
I take a look again at the section filter code in dmxdev.c and things
are a bit more clear now ;) (I also found some cleanups, which I
will send in a seperate mail later).
It appears that indeed there is the same bug as for the pes filters.
However Im not sure how to fix it properly.

The problem is if sec_feed->start_filtering() fails, we can not simply
release the feed as several section filters could use the same section
feed.So maybe now several filters just stopped working.

How to handle this?
Reset/Free all filters associated with the feed we failed to start?
But howto inform the userspace application that these filters
stopped working?

Btw there are some other points where feed.sec->start_filtering()
is called and where is no return code checking at all( see
dvb_dmxdev_feed_restart() for example).

Peter