[linux-dvb] Re: LGDT3302 stuff

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Wed Jun 29 22:44:59 CEST 2005

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Michael Krufky wrote:
> I got result codes 0x08 and 0x09 while scanning QAM256 from cable.  I told
> you about these in a previous email, where you explained to me the following:
> 	FE_HAS_SIGNAL     = 0x01,   /*  found something above the noise level
> */
> 	FE_HAS_CARRIER    = 0x02,   /*  found a DVB signal  */
> 	FE_HAS_VITERBI    = 0x04,   /*  FEC is stable  */
> 	FE_HAS_SYNC       = 0x08,   /*  found sync bytes  */
> 	FE_HAS_LOCK       = 0x10,   /*  everything's working... */
> 	FE_TIMEDOUT       = 0x20,   /*  no lock within the last ~2 seconds */
> 	FE_REINIT         = 0x40    /*  frontend was reinitialized,
> ...so this means that in many cases I am finding something above the noise
> level, and in some cases I am also finding sync bytes.... This is the best I
> got so far...
> It has just occurred to me that I need to change the scanning frequencies in
> the atscscan program in order for it to handle US ATSC/QAM256 ... Can you
> advise on how to do so?

Not the frequencies in the atscan-program, but in a (new)
initial-tuning-data file.

Eg: us-ATSC-cable-frequencies-QAM256 should contain several lines like

A  57028615 QAM256

whereas 57028615 must be a correct frequency for ATSC cable. I don't now
anything about that, except that link Mac posted some time ago.

Additionally, which is untested (no one ever reported success) in ATSC
cable the Virtual Channel Table is carried under a different table_id
(0xc8 for terrestrial and 0xc9 for cable). That's why you have to set the
parameter -A to "2" to make it fetch the correct table.

"atscscan -A 2 us-ATSC-cable-frequencies-QAM256"

should eventually work for you...

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de