[linux-dvb] dvb driver changes added by 2.6.11-bk5

Johannes Stezenbach js at linuxtv.org
Thu Mar 10 20:00:17 CET 2005

Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 March 2005 21:02, C.Y.M wrote:
> > The following changes were committed to the dvb drivers by 2.6.11-bk5.
> > Attached is a patch for sync purposes.
>
> Rejected
>
> This patch has other changes that are incorrect. For example
> schedule_delayed_work still wants it's parameter to be in jiffies.
> You also changed the calculations with jiffies in them to use
> msecs.

IIRC there were patches to change all internal APIs that
deal with timeouts, delays etc. from jiffies to msecs. The
DVB patch is just a part of a larger change.

But I would wait until at least the next -rc kernel is out
before comitting this to CVS. OTOH, since HZ == 1000 on x86
it should not break anything for most people if we commit it now.

Johannes