[linux-dvb] Cinergy T2 lockup, needs power cycling

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 17:36:16 CET 2005

Every few boots (say, around every 5) my Cinergy T2 needs a complete
power cycle (i.e unplugging it) to start working again. Until it's
power cycled, tzap just returns bogus results like:

status 00 | signal ffff | snr c000 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 |
status 00 | signal ffff | snr c000 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 |
status 00 | signal ffff | snr c000 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 |

After unplugging it / plugging it in again everything starts to work.
Restarting my system does not fix the problem, therefore I believe the
T2 has managed to get itself into some odd state that only a power
cycle is breaking...

Has anybody else witnessed this behaviour? Other than the T2 never
being able to tune there are no other visible symptoms / unexpected
error messages.

Is there any other info that I could provide / any other way I could debug this?

Alternatively, is there anyway I can make the box perform a full
reset, maybe on initialisation of cinergyt2 module?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Steve