[linux-dvb] flexcop stops generating interrupts

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Wed May 11 11:19:29 CEST 2005

On Wed, 11 May 2005, Q-ha Park wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> Did BBTI then tell you what can be the source of the interrupt failure
> or any other helpful comments? Although the data_receiver_error bit
> might not be the _root_ cause of the interrupt failure, it was always
> the case that we could read the data_receiver_error bit set after the
> interrupt-stop. Thus, it indicates the flexcop chipset is screwed up
> inside somehow. The interesting thing is I haven't seen any other
> error bits set including the ts_err bit after the interrupt-stop.

It must be something weird, because even if no data is coming from the
demod anymore, the timerIRQ (at least used in flexcop-driver, afaik in
skystar2.c too) should still occure. (the cur_address should stay the same
in that case) So demod errors should not interfere the IRQ-behaviour,
shouldn't they?

Once I asked them about randomly IRQ-stops, but they never have such a bug
report from a windows user, thus they never had to investigate it. I
will second that question... Stay tuned :).

Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de