[linux-dvb] Missing .fw files from CVS

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 22:27:51 CET 2005

Mike Krufky wrote:

> I am not sure about this.... I think that it is a matter of getting
> permission to host the firmware files from the manufacturer... but I
> am not sure.  Maybe someone else can comment on this?

Yeah, if the vendor doesn't have any problems in having it, well then
there's no problem in having it there. Anyway i can't say whether that
holds good for all vendors, but i can say the Twinhan guys won't have
any issues in having the firmware blobs hosted. Usually there shouldn't
be a problem at all... as most vendors are interested in getting their
hardware to be working with another OS, than what they support officially.

Manu