[linux-dvb] Rationalising dvb-apps/lib[s] anyone?

Andrew de Quincey adq_dvb at lidskialf.net
Wed Nov 9 02:18:29 CET 2005

> > I also think that simple Diseqc strings to manipulate a switch aren't
> > sufficient... and
> > that this isn't the place to put them.

Come to think of it, what things can you think of that require more than the
simple strings?

I can think of one from the doc you linked to: optimisation of the positioning
commands - e.g. if the dish is already pointing at 3 steps E, and needs to
move to 5 steps E, then it would better to issue a DRIVEE(2) command instead
of GOTO0, DRIVEE(5). I assume not everything supports the "goto angular
position" command.

Yeek, calibrating these positioning systems must be horrendous! And I assume
we'd need to persist stuff like the E/W limits somewhere?