[linux-dvb] [OT] How to convert ATSC .ts stream into Divix or MPEG4?

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Wed Nov 16 04:36:18 CET 2005

Howdy,

I was wondering a couple of things...  If you have a .ts capture from
an ATSC transmission, is there a utility that will pick apart the stream
and give you stats about it, such as the TEI, CC, ATSC, etc. components
of the stream, their packet counts, ids, etc?

And more importantly (to me, anyway):  I have some HD ATSC stream
captures, and I'm trying to decide if the issue is with the source, the way
the capture is done, or with the player...  So I need to try to
translate the
stream so that I can reliably play it with multiple players.  Was going to
use MPEG4/Divix to do that.

Anyone have a script or example commands to do a 3-pass reencoding
of an ATSC stream using mencoder?

Thanks,

-Philip

P.S. I already asked on mplayer-users, but didn't see an answer... probably
    because there aren't a lot of ATSC users on that list.