[linux-dvb] Which currently manufactured DVB-T cards does Linux support?

Barry Scott barry.scott at onelan.co.uk
Thu Nov 17 17:41:48 CET 2005

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

> If you are looking for a hybrid card, the Compro VideoMate 300 DVB-T
> might be a good choice. Especially if you want it to lock on poor
> signal quality.

Its looks interesting I'll get one and evaluate.

Your comment about poor quality signal may be based on my reports
of the FlyDVB-T DUO not working. We have a good quality signal here
as comfirmed by set-top-box DVB devices are a range of DVB-T cards
that work well. The DUO seems to be a poor design/poor software.
The latest windows software fails to tune unless you have the exact
transponder frequency. Being 1/8th of a MHz out means it fails.
And the transponders in the U.K. can be + or - 1/8th MHz from the
published frequency.

Barry