[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 310i

Hartmut Hackmann hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de
Thu Nov 17 22:52:38 CET 2005


Hi,

Rainer Schubert wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, bardinov at utt.fr wrote:
> 
> Hi Vince, Hartmut and the list,
> 
> [...]
> 
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying the dvb part with 310i.
>> I do modprobe saa7134 card=81 and
>> modprobe saa7134-dvb
>> All seems to be good here.
> 
> 
> OK.
> 
>> But after I ran "dvbscan -n -o zap -p 
>> /usr/local/share/dvb/scan/dvb-t/fr-Reims >
>> channels.conf" I get this:
>>
>> scanning /usr/local/share/dvb/scan/dvb-t/fr-Reims
>> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
>> initial transponder 562000000 0 2 9 3 1 0 0
>> initial transponder 554000000 0 2 9 3 1 0 0
>> initial transponder 602000000 0 2 9 3 1 0 0
>> initial transponder 578000000 0 2 9 3 1 0 0
>> initial transponder 666000000 0 2 9 3 1 0 0
>> initial transponder 642000000 0 2 9 3 1 0 0
>>
>>>>> tune to:
>>
>> 562000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_AUTO:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:HIERARCHY_NONE 
>>
>> __tune_to_transponder:1478: ERROR: FE_READ_STATUS failed: 5 
>> Input/output error
> 
> [...]
> 
>> This is the dmesg:
>>
>> tda1004x: setting up plls for 48MHz sampling clock
>> tda1004x: found firmware revision 0 -- invalid
>> tda1004x: booting from eeprom
>> tda1004x: found firmware revision 0 -- invalid
>> tda1004x: firmware upload failed
> 
> 
> The above line says it all: firmware upload failed
> 
> The card can't work without the corresponding firmware.
> 
>> tda1004x: pll set failed
>> tda1004x: pll set failed
> 
> 
> That's why pll set failed !
> [...]
> 
>>
>> I do ./get_dvb_firmware tda10046 and then copy the file 
>> "dvb-fe-tda10046.fw" to
>> /usr/local/lib/firmware/
>> But I didn't see any changes.
>>
>> Could you tell me where is my mistake?
> 
> 
> As Hartmut has posted, it's not your fault (mistake), but the 310i
> card is so different from the 300i that it needs a special driver
> just for this very card.
> 
Well, regarding the firmware: of course the channel decoder can't work
without it. Most recent cards have an eeprom for this and dont need
an external file to boot the DSP. I think some gpio setting needs to
be changed for this board. The hard thing is the different tuner application
which should cause poor sensitivity. The necessary changes go over more
than one module and are thus more that 2 hours of hacking.
I can do this, but first i want to get the radio with this chip
working and get the NICAM problems fixed.

Hartmut




More information about the linux-dvb mailing list