[linux-dvb] a800 driver with avertv usb2.0 plus

De Leeuw Guy G.De_Leeuw at eurofer.be
Wed Nov 23 13:41:53 CET 2005

Hello Patrick,
Thanks for your respons.

Patrick Boettcher a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, De Leeuw Guy wrote:
>
>> I have a tv tuner Avermedia avertv usb 2.0.
>
> But now, How can I check if this hardware work ?
>
>> I start xine and clic on the dvb button but without succès.
>

> Afaik, xine is not able to scan for channels - you first have to
> create a channels.conf with dvbscan from dvb-apps.

I download the dvb-apps from :
http://www.linuxtv.org/download/dvb/linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.0.tar.bz2
I compile all tools and start ./scan but I receive this error :

root at pcGDL:scan# ./scan dvb-c/ch-unknown
scanning dvb-c/ch-unknown
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
main:1882: FATAL: failed to open '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0': 2 No
such file or directory

I thing that my adapter it's not recognized.
Can you help me more ?

Guy