[linux-dvb] Nebula DigiTV USB: No frontend attached

tintax at tintax.net tintax at tintax.net
Sat Nov 26 19:04:45 CET 2005


Hi,

I'm attempting to get a Nebula Electronics DigiTV USB device working in Gentoo Linux (2.6.14) but get a "no frontend was attached by 'Nebula Electronics uDigiTV DVB-T USB2.0)'" error from dmesg. It's one of the 'newer' self-powered devices with a zarlink mt532 chipset.

Having looked through these archives I found someone with a similar problem back in May/June which seemed to be firmware related. If I followed correctly (big if - I'm a linux beginner here) a patch from the cvs version fixed it but I think that should already be in the kernel version I'm using.

Googling didn't provide anything else to help shed light on this and all I managed to gather from the wiki is that my device should be supported.

It does just seem to be the front end I'm missing:

# ls /dev/dvb/adapter1
demux0 dvr0 net0

# dmesg | grep -i dvb-usb
dvb-usb: found a 'Nebula Electronics uDigiTV DVB-T USB2.0)' in warm state.
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'Nebula Electronics uDigiTV DVB-T USB2.0)'
dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 1000 msecs.
dvb-usb: Nebula Electronics uDigiTV DVB-T USB2.0) successfully initialized and connected.

I'd be very grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Regards,

Matt




More information about the linux-dvb mailing list