[linux-dvb] Garbled video/audio from TwinHan DVB-C card

Svein Olav Bjerkeset svein.olav at bjerkeset.com
Mon Oct 31 09:54:22 CET 2005

>> You can check this out whether it helps, for the time being ..
>>
>> http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2005-September/004866.html
>>
>> Manu
>>

> I have the same card as You and can run it without any problems with the
> latest cvs version + the fix Manu pointed out.
> I'm using 2.6.14-rc1 for the moment (will test it with 2.6.14 tonight).
>
> Manu, do You have any solution for how one could detect which kind of
> Twinhand VP-20XX card it is?
>
> Per

I finally got the FTA channels to work after I
  - removed all existing kernel modules (rm -rf /lib/modules/2.6.14)
  - applied the suggested fix in dst_tlist from Manu - Thanks!
  - recompiled my kernel (vanilla 2.6.14 from kernel.org) and installed
the modules (from 2.6.14 tree) over again

When compiling video4linux and dvb-kernel from latest CVS I still get an
Oops.

Per - do you use a CA modukle with you card? I have a CanalDigital card
and a Conax CAM (paid for and legal :-) but the scrambled cahnnels do not
seem to work.

Svein Olav Bjerkeset