[linux-dvb] [BUG] FusionHDTV5 Lite

w-thiel at gmx.net w-thiel at gmx.net
Tue Sep 13 00:37:39 CEST 2005

On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 02:23:44PM -0400, Michael Krufky wrote:
> I can only zap once.... During these tests, I am using azap and mplayer.
>  I have noticed that after viewing a stream, if I kill azap and try to
> zap to another channel, mplayer receives no ts data, although azap
> reports status 1F.  The only way to restore functionality is to remove
> the module and re-insert it:

I had a similiar problem some time ago with Skystar 2.6B and szap.
I added a SIGINT wrapper that closes all open filedescriptors, and since
then, it's mostly working as expected.
The wrapper is for a userland program.
Of course, the driver should handle this fine, but it didn't.
I still think there is some problem somewhere in the driver's code
somewhere; see the 'lost lock' problem and others, that seem to be
fixed sometimes, but not _always_.

Wolfgang