[linux-dvb] KWorld DVB-T USB2.0 instable

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Wed Sep 28 10:29:17 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005, Marcus Hagn wrote:
> Hello has anyone running this device stable? I see an unstable
> behaviour, but I am not sure if this is software related or if this is
> my hardware.
> At first everything seems ok and I can watch TV as expected, but after
> some arbitrary time (5 min - 24 hours) the device stops to work and I
> get the following message:
>
> kernel: uhci_hcd 0000:00:07.2: host system error, PCI problems?
> kernel: uhci_hcd 0000:00:07.2: host controller halted, very bad!
> kernel: uhci_hcd 0000:00:07.2: HC died; cleaning up
> kernel: usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 3
> kernel: dvb-usb: bulk message failed: -19 (6/0)
> kernel: dib3000: while sending 0x0001 to 0x0404.
> kernel: dvb-usb: KWorld/ADSTech Instant DVB-T USB2.0 successfully
> deinitialized and disconnected.

In some situations it can be, that the device consumes too much energy
than allowed by the USB specifications. Normally the mainboards compensate
it, but some mainboards don't. Have a look in your if there is any USB
power option.

It also can be a problem of faulty hardware.

If you don't use the remote-control, try loading the dvb-usb-module with
disable_rc_polling=1.

regards,
Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de