[linux-dvb] DiBcom MOD3000 driver gone?

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Sun Apr 2 19:25:57 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006, Gabriele Turchi wrote:
> I've replaced the 5'th entry in drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dibusb-mb.c
> (line 106) with my own ids (USB_VID_ANCHOR,
> USB_PID_DIBCOM_ANCHOR_2135_COLD) and with so changed dvb-usb modules my
> VP7041 runs well.
> Could you please add a new entry in the source?

No, unfortunately not: The USB IDs you added, as one can see very easy,
not really device-specific. If I would add those to the real module, it
would claim all unprogrammed Cypress AN2135-devices.

Therefore the Kconfig option "CONFIG_DVB_USB_DIBUSB_MB_FAULTY" was
introduced. Which can be found at least in 2.6.16, maybe earlier too.

regards,
Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de