[linux-dvb] A fundamental question on DVB-T Modules

Satheesh S. satheesh.s at ittiam.com
Wed Apr 5 06:20:52 CEST 2006

Hello all,
I am new to the DVB-T technology.
I would like to interface a USB based DVB-T module to my Portable Media
Player running Embedded Linux.

In this context, I would like to know the nature of the data that flows
from a USB based DVB-T module (such as Freecom DVB-T USB Stick or
AVerMedia AVerTV DVB-T) to the USB host: Is it MPEG2 Transport Stream
(that contains compressed audio-video data) OR uncompressed audio/video
data. In other words, I would like to know if audio-video decoding
happens inside the DVB-T module or in the host processor.

Regards,
Satheesh S