[linux-dvb] Problem with 'Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T usb2 - no frontend

scamp scampgb at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 10:19:14 CEST 2006

I don't know the ettiquette of replying to my own posts, but here we go :-)

> > dvb-usb: MAC address: 00:0d:fe:13:13:13
> >
> > This is strange. 13 13 13 is not the expected value / on the contrary,
> > you
> > should get the MAC address as written on label of your box.
>

>  I hadn't noticed that!  I saw that it was displaying an address, it
> didn't occur to me to check that it was the same as on the box.

I've now managed to build another Linux box and tried the Nova-T-USB2 on
that.  I got exactly the same results, but with a different MAC address.
This MAC address also wasn't the one displayed on the card.

All of the relevant modules loaded OK, but I still got the problem of "No
frontend was attached".

I'm suspecting that Hauppauge have changed something in the internals of the
box, but I don't know enough about it to know what!

I've also noticed that the CD-ROM doesn't contain the hcwusdtl.sys file
referred to at
http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/home/index.php?site=dvb-usb-firmware

If anyone can give me any ideas how to proceed with this I'd be extremely
grateful!

Thanks
Steve