[linux-dvb] "2033 Mantis" Twinhan Cab-CI?

Robert Schlabbach robert_s at gmx.net
Fri Apr 28 00:51:45 CEST 2006

From: "bbee" <bumble.bee at xs4all.nl>
> On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Robert Schlabbach wrote:
> > From: "bbee" <bumble.bee at xs4all.nl>
> >> And Windows doesn't support H.264 streams with this card.
> >
> I haven't looked for software myself, but they've had no luck, so I
assume
> it doesn't work. Wether it's due to the Windows drivers or software
> limitations I don't know.
>
> Prove me wrong! But as far as I'm considered. please do it off-list.

No, we can stay on-topic here: What makes you think you can play H.264/AVC
video on Linux? AFAIK that requires latest-generation video acceleration,
which is barely available in Windows, and thus unlikely to have it made to
Linux yet (because display adapter makers still tend to think of Windows
before they think of Linux).

So even if you had a Linux driver for your card, you would still be just
where you are right now with Windows... Except that for Windows,
hardware-accelerated H.264/AVC decoders are already available, whereas I
have yet to hear of such a beast for Linux.

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s at gmx.net