[linux-dvb] TDA10086 demodulator not working on FlyDVB Trio

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Fri Aug 4 20:49:00 CEST 2006

Chris Malarky wrote:

>>Not working on dvb scan.
>>
>>Hope it can help, if you need more syslog or dmesg entry or something
>>…. Just ask me
>>

>>Sorry if the message will be double….

>When did you last update your sources from mercurial?  Andrew made a fix
>yesterday which will probably fix that for you.
>
>Cheers,
>Chris

I didn't notice that I had this message, too; IIRC Andrew said that this
tuner
can be configured to answer at any of the i2c addresses in the range of
0x60 .. 0x63 .
My Trio seems to be answering at 0x63, so in saa7134-dvb.c I changed:

- if (dvb_attach(tda826x_attach, dev->dvb.frontend, 0x60,
&dev->i2c_adap, 0) == NULL) {
+ if (dvb_attach(tda826x_attach, dev->dvb.frontend, 0x63,
&dev->i2c_adap, 0) == NULL) {

and now the tuner is the detected