[linux-dvb] Twinhan CAM

manuel.kampert at online.de manuel.kampert at online.de
Tue Aug 8 16:02:22 CEST 2006

Hi All!

Trying for more than one year to get my Twinhan CAM module (IRDETO) to work with without success I have now decided to give it a try myself...

However I have inspected the code parts around Twinhan-CI and DVB / DVB-APPS CI code and I am now unsure where to start...

Can someone explain how the code in dvb-apps/libdvben50221, dvb/dvb-core/dvb_ca_* and bt8xx/dst_ca is related?

So far I understand that there is a high-level layer API for the Twinhan-DST card (bt8xx/dst_ca?). But is it meant to be used from the (lower level? api ?=) This all seems a little odd to me...

Maybe someone can shed some light in this ....

Many Thanks,
Manuel