[linux-dvb] Question on firmware for Wideview dtt200u?

Dietmar Zlabinger dietmar at zlabinger.at
Fri Aug 11 13:19:47 CEST 2006

Hi developers,

I have a question on the correct firmware version for the Wideview stick
(mine ls labeled as dnt-Eurostick, usb-id 14aa:022a/b (before- after
mt325); kernel 2.6.17.7.

At http://www.linuxtv.org/download/firmware/
I found two different firmware versions, both work, but which one is correct?
http://www.linuxtv.org/download/firmware/dvb-usb-wt220u-01.fw
and
http://www.linuxtv.org/download/firmware/dvb-usb-wt220u-02.fw
(there is also a
http://www.linuxtv.org/download/firmware/dvb-usb-dtt200u-01.fw
I did not try.

How can I identify the correct version?

There is an interesting collection of different devices and their
corresponding kernel modules at
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_USB
but for some reason there indication on usb-device-ids. Is this because
several incompatible devices share the same id or is it just too many
devices and ids to keep track?

And finally one more questions: there are some dvbtools at sourceforge
(eg. dvbtune), but it seems that the collection there is rather outdated.
Is there any newer source for these tools?

Thank you

Dietmar

--
Dietmar Zlabinger