[linux-dvb] Please see if you can help: Twinhan VP 1025 DVB-SPCICard

Dave Schile daveschile at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 14 22:44:03 CEST 2006

Well, I tried different compiles and saw nothing different.  I found that
this LNB uses an oscillator running at 11.25 GHz.  So I put these lines in
the dvb_defaults.h file for dvbtune:

/* DVB-S */

// With a diseqc system you may need different values per LNB.  I hope
// no-one ever asks for that :-)

#define SLOF (11700*1000UL)
#define LOF1 (11250*1000UL)
#define LOF2 (11250*1000UL)

is that right?

Still, the unit seems not to tune at all.  I keep thinking I'm missing
something simple.  Also, the "Opperation not supported" messages have me
dumbfounded while trying to 'dvbtune -m'

Let me ask you this:  Once you know the correct oscillator value (11.25) do
you adjust the freq. from lyngsat to get the number you give to dvbtune?
I've just been using the freq. number in the first column on the lyngsat
table.

Thanks,
Dave Schile