[linux-dvb] Please see if you can help: Twinhan VP 1025 DVB-SPCICard

Steven Toth stoth at hauppauge.com
Mon Aug 14 23:05:32 CEST 2006

> // With a diseqc system you may need different values per LNB.  I hope
> // no-one ever asks for that :-)
>
> #define SLOF (11700*1000UL)
> #define LOF1 (11250*1000UL)
> #define LOF2 (11250*1000UL)
>
> is that right?

Yes.
> Still, the unit seems not to tune at all.  I keep thinking I'm missing
> something simple.  Also, the "Opperation not supported" messages have me
> dumbfounded while trying to 'dvbtune -m'
>
> Let me ask you this:  Once you know the correct oscillator value (11.25) do
> you adjust the freq. from lyngsat to get the number you give to dvbtune?
> I've just been using the freq. number in the first column on the lyngsat
> table.

No. I've always used the actual Ku band frequency in dvbtune, not the
l-band frequency.

I don't have one of those cards so I can't really help. I know the above
fixes always work for me for regular DVB H/V polarisations (when using a
V/H polarised LNB).

Doesn't DirectTV use L/R polarisation - and hence L/R LNBs? You are
using an LNB supporting V/H polarisations, right?

Steve