[linux-dvb] Twinhan 1025 (/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0)

Dave Schile daveschile at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 15 17:30:47 CEST 2006

> >> Are You sure than that tree has a Twinhan 1025 support?
> >> ( http://www.twinhan.com/product_satellite_3.asp )
> >> Well I will try that one...
> > Yep, the VP-1025/VP-1032 are the only devices that come with a Fujitsu
> > MB86A15 Silicon tuner
>I seen that MB86A15 on a card. But how can it help me to set up
>/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 ?
>What the module should I insert?
>
>PS: Sorry, I see than my questions looks dummy, but just I newby in DVB/V4L
>
>--
>Best Regards,
>Nick Fedchik

Nick: I have the same card and I'm stumbling through getting it to work.
With the 2.6.17.8 Kernel and the latest v4l-dvb modules from hg, I modprobe
dvb-core, bttv, dvb-bt8xx, and dst.  After all those, it appears the
/dev/dvb/adapter0 nodes get built.

Manu:  You mention the Fujitsu MB86A15 Silicon tuner, but I don't see it in
mercurials linux/Documentation/video4linux/CARDLIST.tuner file.  Should that
tuner be specified as an option with dst?

Best,
Dave Schile