[linux-dvb] Unable to rmmod dst and dvb-bt8xx

Dave Schile daveschile at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 15 20:57:03 CEST 2006

Since the most recent build of the v4l-dvb modules I have not been able to
rmmod dst without the -f (force) option.  dst is removed with -f, but then I
am completely unable to rmmod dvb-bt8xx, even with -f.  It returns:
ERROR: Removing 'dvb_bt8xx': Device or resource busy
but 'lsmod | grep dvb-bt8xx' returns:
dvb_bt8xx              18052  0
dvb_core               80552  1 dvb_bt8xx
bt878                  11048  1 dvb_bt8xx
dvb_pll                14724  1 dvb_bt8xx
bttv                  172404  2 dvb_bt8xx,bt878
firmware_class         10496  2 dvb_bt8xx,bttv
i2c_core               21520  8
dvb_bt8xx,dvb_pll,tuner,bttv,tveeprom,nvidia,i2c_viapro,i2c_algo_bit

which makes me think dvb-bt8xx isn't being used by anything.  What would
cause this module to be busy?

At this point my abilities in linux make rebooting the only option to
re-insmod the dvb modules.

Thanks for any help with this.

Dave