[linux-dvb] Technotrend S1500 + CI / saa7146

Andrew Lyon andrew.lyon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 23:59:38 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have just built a new mythtv system and am having some trouble
finding a kernel that supports all of the various hardware, some
things are broken in newer versions.. Reading the menuconfig help from
kernel 2.6.15 thru 2.6.17 and the menuconfig help from the v4l mc
sources, it states that the CI is not supported on saa7146 cards, is
that really the case? The wiki suggests that it is supported
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TT-budget_S-1500

I have two dvb cards a Avermedia 777 saa7134 dvb-t and a Technotrend
S1500 saa7146 dvb-s, it looks like I am going to have to patch my
kernel to get other devices to work (sata) regardless of which kernel
I run, so which kernel woudl be best for dvb support with these two
cards?

I tried compiling the drivers from mc source but I get a oops as soon
as I modprobe saa7134, in some kernels the module loads but the
frontend is not detected, so far I have been unable to get any dmesg
output from loading saa7146 drivers, I have followed the wiki so i'm
not sure what im doing wrong, I will post more details when I have
done more testing.

Are the dvb drivers smp safe? I have core 2 duo so perhasp I should
try with smp disabled?

Andy