[linux-dvb] SAA7146 (KNC ONE DVB-C): ber values reliable?

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Sun Aug 20 00:55:24 CEST 2006

HI!

I am using KNC ONE DVB-C (budget_av) with kernel 2.6.16.

Whatever I do (different cables, changing amplification, switching
channels), czap always reports a ber of 195000.

Recently I got a second card and it's the same there. Only on one
occasion, I suddenly had a ber of 50 on the new card. After reboot, it
was back to 195000.

Now I installed recent (1-2 weeks old) development version of the
drivers and now one card has again always a ber of 195000 and the other
one has always 194ef2.

My question is: Is the ber reliable from this card?

Thanks!

Thomas