[linux-dvb] Do these USB cards work under linux?

Markus Rechberger mrechberger at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 00:51:29 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 8/24/06, Fabiano Sidler <fabianosidler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks!
>
> In the shop next to my village, they sell the following USB TV cards.
> Does one of them work under Linux, at least one out of two?
>   Pinnacle Studio MovieBox USB version 8

Never heard about that one

>   Hauppauge WinTV HVR 930

Not yet, a guy at Hauppauge told me that this product was only meant
for the french market and they don't ship it anymore.
Hauppauge HVR 900 rev 1.2 is almost the same as the HVR 930 both
devices aren't supported yet since they use a new DVB-T demodulator in
these devices, Micronas is about to release a driver for that new
DVB-T demodulator during the next few weeks so it's just a matter of
time till the Hauppauge device will be done too.

Markus