[linux-dvb] Twinhan Cab/CI 2031: always need to tune twice

Zoilo Gomez zoilo at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 25 00:40:58 CEST 2006

Hi Raido,

Good to hear your results.

I can confirm your periodic crashing problem with CAM-modules
(Nagravision in my case); if I wait long enough then eventually the
system will recover though. I use 'vlc' (http://www.videolan.org); with
'-v' flag (verbose) I find that in those cases all over sudden I get a
lot of 'header' problems. FTA does not seem to have this problem,
however with FTA I also sometimes experience hiccups, where it seems
that the tuner looses the signal lock temporarily.

In the mean time I have given up, and these issues, together with the
'tuning twice problem', have made me decide to drop the Twinhan 2031
solution and focus on the KNC ONE instead. With KNC ONE I have a stable
solution without all these problems, although I need 2 PCI-cards
(separate DVB-C card and CI-module card).

Just hoping that the Twinhan Mantis solution will be better (when the
drivers are ready).

Regards,

Z.

=====