[linux-dvb] DVICO Dual Digital - IR reciever traffic not seen by lirc?

Luke Rosenthal linux-dvb at harderstuff.net
Mon Aug 28 09:05:46 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the IR reciever on the dual digital
card to work under FC5.  The problem is fairly simple - without lircd
running, arrow keypresses on the remote are sent as keypresses to apps
running in KDE, and irw (part of lirc package) can't see any keypresses on
the remote.  I have a feeling something's intercepting the keypresses
before lircd has a chance to see them.

My question is - what else should I be looking to kill or disable to
correct this behaviour?

The dvico modules work fine in most other respects - ie. both frontends
are registered, and channels can be tuned (many thanks Chris).  The
relevant line in demsg at bootup is:

input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /class/input/input2

Have downloaded and compiled lirc-0.7.0, applied lirc-0.7.0-dvico.diff,
installed resulting binary over /usr/sbin/lircd.  Modified
/etc/sysconfig/lircd to use correct inputs.  I see no output when running
irw.   Not sure what role all the parts of the puzzple play (modules ->
lircd -> running app).

Cheers,
Luke