[linux-dvb] How to compile the firmware into the latest driver?

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Mon Aug 28 16:25:38 CEST 2006

On Monday 28 August 2006 12:43, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Trent Piepho wrote:
> > On Sun, 27 Aug 2006, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> >> I want the AV7110 firmware to be compiled into the driver.
> >> But I don't seem to be able to make it do that. I tried editing the
> >> linux/drivers/media/dvb/ttpci/Kconfig file and changed the default value
> >> of DVB_AV7110_FIRMWARE_FILE to point to my firmware file's location,
> >
> > Use make menuconfig or make xconfig and then set the options like you would
> > if you were compilig the kernel.
>
> Actually that's what I want to avoid.
>
> I want to use an automated process

doesn't make menuconfig only change the .config file?

If so, you could do it once with make menuconfig and compare
the old and the new .config file. That should tell you what
has to be edited.

If I do just that, I get

server:/usr/src/linux# diff oldconfig .config
4c4
< # Sun Jun 18 21:31:17 2006
---
> # Mon Aug 28 16:28:35 2006
1256c1256,1257
< # CONFIG_DVB_AV7110_FIRMWARE is not set
---

--
Wolfgang